Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MSTRKRFT "Fist of God" Record Party @ The Roxy (March 16, 2009)

Last Monday's Fist Of God record listening party was amazing. MSTRKRFT's new album was released on Tuesday including one of my favorite tracks on the album "1,000 Cigarettes" and the previously released song "Vuvuvu". The album also includes the more popular song "Bounce" featuring N.O.R.E. & Isis. The album has a Justice-esc feel to some of the songs so of course I love it. The party as held at The Roxy in Hollywood. Although MSTRKRFT didn't play themselves, other DIM MAK DJs did including, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal & LA Riots. Steve Aoki was his usual self, drenching his fans in vodka. Although the crowd was a little weird, Felix Cartal managed to keep everyone dancing the entire time (including myself). Everyone had a good set and buy the new MSTRKRFT album its great. If you liked their first album you're gonna love this one! And don't miss Andy Milonakis's free-style rap. Watch it here


oh, and btw if you leave your car at the Roxy overnight, it'll be there in the morning :) yayyy!













Steve Aoki





















Felix Cartal
What some random dude said about Felix Cartal on his blog: "I saw Felix Cartal once, and looking back, it was like a tidal wave of sound hit me in the face when he started to play. I just stood there, drenched, wide-eyed, skittery and listening. Hearing this now, I think I underestimated him. He’s not a cotton-ball tidal wave. He’s a city-destroying tsunami, and he’s pissed." (2.19.2009)












LA Riots







No comments:

Post a Comment